We’ve been hard at work preparing our latest tool designed to help the Foundry VTT community, and this time we’re going global!
We are proud to present the Foundry Hub Weblate website. A platform dedicated to helping both developers and users localize Foundry VTT modules and systems.
Up until now, while some developers have been using their own localization software, most of the existing packages are either not localized or use flat
.json files and a good pair of eyes to maintain their translation files.
With this initiative, we hope to encourage the community to improve package accessibility for non-English speakers.
Some key points:
- We take care of the technical stuff; adding a new package on the Weblate server is trivial for the developers.
- No need to know how to use Git or how to create Pull Request for the users who wish to help translate. Just use the website.
- Thanks to our custom addon, users can add an entire new language to a project without any help from the developer. Weblate even edits the package manifest for them.
- No risk to the package repository; changes are automatically sent as a Pull Request once every 24 hours.
- Want some help from an AI? Machine translation suggestions from DeepL are available directly while translating a project.
If you are a bilingual player wondering how you can contribute to the community or a developer wishing to empower Foundry VTT players from all over the world, check the Foundry Hub Weblate!
As for every other project we maintain (this website, foundry.wiki, Weblate), server costs are covered by donations. If you like what we do, please consider donating to help us keep the lights on.
What is Weblate?
Weblate is a copylefted libre software web-based continuous localization system, used by over 2500 libre projects and companies in more than 165 countries.
It provides a simple, powerful and easy-to-use interface for translating software projects with a focus on community-driven projects.
What is Foundry Hub Weblate?
Foundry Hub Weblate is a community-maintained Weblate server that is used to translate Foundry VTT modules and systems.
It is provided free of charge to Foundry VTT community members and is hosted on the Foundry Hub servers.
Who can use Weblate?
Anyone can use Weblate to translate Foundry VTT modules and systems. Just create a free account and start translating any of the modules and systems currently available on Foundry Hub Weblate.
Please make sure to read each project’s translation instructions in their
I am a translator. How do I get started?
Check this video demonstrating how to get started with Weblate:
I am a developer. How do I get my project translated?
Check the Getting Started page for instructions on how to get your project translated on Foundry Hub Weblate.
Once your project is set up, read our Recommendations for developers page for tips on how to get the best out of Weblate.